Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

 Prompt Response: A time someone assumed something about myself because of a stereotype was assuming cause I'm black I like chicken. The situation was at a drive thru , they assumed I wanted chicken cause I'm black and I asked why you say that and explained to them that it doesn't mean cause I'm black I like chicken , even though I do.

Summary: Today in class we went over stereotypes and certain assumptions in cultures 

Reflection: Today in class I learned different assumptions on different stereotypes in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the end of the novel, Celie reconnects with Nettie and forms more peaceful relationships with the people who once harmed her. Reflect on the theme of reconciliation. Have you ever restored a relationship, forgiven someone, or been forgiven in a way that changed you? How does the novel’s ending shape your understanding of forgiveness across different cultures or families?

How does the New Orleans episode of Street Food: USA show that food represents more than just something people eat? Explain how at least one food from the episode reflects culture, identity, or community.